CAT ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS
- All members of the household must meet the cat prior to adoption.
- If the cat is in a foster home, boarding kennel, or vet office, a completed application will be required before an appointment is arranged to meet the dog/cat.
- A veterinary reference is required if you currently or previously owned a pet. If your veterinarian no longer has your files, your application will not be processed. We will consider applications from individuals or families who have never previously owned a pet.
- The home visit is scheduled when all the family members are present. The home and yard must be safe with adequate fencing, locked gates, and no poisonous plants or toxins.
- Pools, jacuzzis, and spas must be fenced separately from the rest of the yard and must be adequate to keep the cat out. AALOC requires that all pools/jacuzzis/spas be fenced separately.
- The cat must be compatible with your pets. If there is animal aggression on the home visit, the adoption will not be approved.
- Adopting family must be able to handle the cat and provide for its needs.
- Cats are not adopted on the home visit.
- If you rent or if you live in a home which is part of a homeowners association, you must provide a copy of your lease or copy of HOA bylaws/rules/regulations that states that there are no restrictions regarding the pet you are adopting.
- Donation of $100 for a cat adoption includes spay/neuter, vaccinations, and a microchip.
- We do reserve the right to refuse adoption. A denial is not a rejection of you as a person; it is a refusal to place a pet in a situation that we do not feel is a good match or does not meet our policies.
Please note: If any question on the adoption form does not apply to you simply put n/a in the blank.