AALOC has many opportunities for animal lovers who would like to make a difference in the lives of our precious rescued animals. The dogs and cats benefit greatly by being around people and receiving love, cuddling and socialization. Animal socialization and companionship increases the dog or cat's probability of being adopted into a loving home. Volunteering is very rewarding for you and the animals.
AALOC Volunteer Needs:
- Transporting dogs and cats for routine and emergency vet care
- Fostering animals after surgery or when sick or injured
- Photographing, videotaping dogs and cats for our website, newsletters
- Repair and maintenance of our no-kill rescue facility
- Cleaning cat rooms
- Gardening help at our Humane Center
- Help with social media outreach and public relations
- Developing animal education program
- Special events planner
- Experience with grant writing
- Volunteer coordinator
- Foster animal coordinator
- Helpline - email or phone
Please fill out the volunteer application online or email the AALOC Humane Center (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding our volunteer program.
- Attendance at a Kennel Orientation is required of all volunteers approved to work directly with the animals.
- Minimum volunteer age is 18 years.
- Minimum commitment of 3 months with 4 hours per month.